Protecting Children In Schools Is Critical; But Newtown Residents Say Not If They Have To Pay For It
By Jeffrey Hawkins
There is probably not a person in this country that was not heartbroken by the shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut last December.
The following outrage was appropriate; we expected people in this country to come together and demand solutions to protect all our children in their schools.… Read the rest
By Leischen Stelter
Details continue to emerge days after two bombs detonated near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Three people have died and news reports cite 176 people have been injured. While this tragedy has been devastating to the city of Boston as well as the nation, the city’s hospital incident command teams responded extremely well to this multiple casualty event.… Read the rest
By Leischen Stelter
It’s no secret that today’s job market is competitive. It can be difficult to find a job even with the necessary experience and education. So what happens when you want to start a new career, when you want to transition to a new field?… Read the rest
By Derrick Thomas
Adjunct Instructor of Cybersecurity at American Military University
Within the past 20 years, computers and electronic devices have integrated themselves into most people’s lives. Gone are the days of writing information on paper—now most information is stored electronically.… Read the rest
Training & More
American Military University supports on-going training for security personnel as a critical part of continued advancement.
Check our training opportunities page frequently for new conferences, on-site training across the country, and online webinars and podcasts.
About Private Security & Education
- Arming Hospital Security Officers Key to Preventing Violence, Says IAHSS Keynote Speaker May 14, 2012
- Three Security Measures That May Have Minimized or Prevented the Aurora, CO Shooting July 23, 2012
- How Old is Too Old to be a Security Officer? August 8, 2012
- Arming Private Security and the On-Going Debate May 21, 2012
- Armed Security: Police or Private Security Officers? February 11, 2013
- Incoming IAHSS President Sets Education as a Priority, Starting With Her Own Security Staff June 7, 2013
- Protecting Children In Schools Is Critical; But Newtown Residents Say Not If They Have To Pay For It April 26, 2013
- In Light Of Boston Tragedy, Training Turns To Real Life For Hospital Security April 17, 2013
- Transitioning to a New Career? Here’s What you Need to Know March 27, 2013
- The Rise of Cybercrime Means Endless Career Opportunities for Security Experts March 21, 2013
- Sam King: Hi Jeff, Important article and unfortunately sho...
- Security Professional: Obviously, you have no idea how real liability or ...
- Security Guy: If hospitals don't want to pay for the extra expe...
- Don Stroh: I enjoyed the article and it's hard to disagree w...
- Debbie: I hate to say it, but as long as businesses feel t...